Monday, July 26, 2010

Why? How come? How? When?

Andrew is a few days away from being 3 and his curiosity and vocabulary has reached a new level. He is so inquisitive and has been asking so many questions. He has recurrently said...."let's talk about jail." Ok, lets....and so we do.

Today I said to him..."2 more days until your birthday." He responded..."how many days until I die?" Um....ok Mommy of an almost 3 year old, you better start thinking on your feet. We talked for about 4 minutes about death and answered all of his what? when? why questions. Then he bluntly says "lets talk about something else." He is becoming such a big boy before our eyes and I am so lucky to be able to stay home with him so we have the opportunity to have these conversations.

Then....we were having quiet time (We both sit on the couch with our bibles for 10 minutes and when the timer goes off we can talk). Well, he was done early so I told him to pray. He said out loud..."Dear Jesus, Please send your holy angles to look over my bed. Keep me safe. Thank you for the whole world. Amen." Oh my, he is so smart. :)

I know that every other child in the world asks these things, but it is so heart warming when it is your own. It's pretty cool to have a child grow up right in front of you.

Oh, the word of the day was humongous. We got a lot of laughs out of that too.

No comments: