Sunday, November 28, 2010

Which would you rather have???

A clean house that is quiet and empty?  or A cluttered house where the people you love live?

I choose the later.

I spent Sat. and Sunday organizing the house.  I am not completely done, but I got a lot done without Andrew and Ryan around (they went to WI to our nephew's baptism...Landon). So, the house was clean when the boys came home tonight.  Well it isn't anymore.....YET, I go to bed tonight not caring that the house isn't as tidy, because I would rather have a messy house filled with laughter, little kids and joy than a clean, perfect house with just me in it.  I am thankful for their safe return and the fact that we were able to spend some time together tonight.

Side note: I spent intentional time with Kyle and he is a smart little boy (I guess this gets over looked considering Andrew is older and learning so much).  He dances so cute on the fireplace, plays peek a boo with his hands, points to his eyes/nose/mouth, runs towards me with open arms, picks up the phone or the remote from around the house and hands it to me, etc. Anyways, it was good mommy/son bonding. Andrew came in the door and cried because he missed Kyle and he wanted to play....Kyle ended up waking up and Andrew was the most gentle, loving, considerate and genuine brother I have ever seen him be. Praise the Lord for moments like that!

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

I choose the 2nd one too.
...though every now & again...it would be nice to have a clean, quiet house where everyone still has fun & love!
..I want it all!!!!!