Sunday, February 19, 2006

No More Red Scrubs!

Yes, it is true, I received a promotion at work and now I get to wear "normal clothes" with a white lab tacket (I look like a Doctor, but I am only a RN). My new title in Education and Performance Imporvement Cordinator. Pretty fancy hey! My main responsibilies at this time is to be a mentor to the new nurses. In the future I will be gathering data, determining what the educational needs of our Hospice are and then educating (via one on one, presentation, seminars, hand outs, hands on, etc). I have completed one week and I agree with everyone who said that management is hard. I am definately learning from my mistakes which will ultimately help me.

For all of my wonderful family and friends, thank you for listening to me gripe about being on-call. With this new position, I will be the "manager on-call" so will not be making the 2am visits to East St. Louis or St. Louis "City" (unless there are a handful of our pt's that pass all at once). Ryan is also very thankful, because now he will be able to sleep throughout the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new nursing position, Mrs. Peterson,RN.!!! We pray that all will progress smoothly and that you will be well pleased with your move.
Because of your excellent bedside manner though, we want you to never lose interest in visiting your patients-----they will truly miss you.

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you!! AND selfishly, of course, it gives you more time to spend time with me this summer and be my back up birthing coach/partner!! Ha!! Miss you lots!!

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you!! AND selfishly, of course, it gives you more time to spend time with me this summer and be my back up birthing coach/partner!! Ha!! Miss you lots!!