Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HE has Risen!






He has risen. He has risen indeed!

The drama at church really talked to me. I know that Easter is all about Christ's resurrection from the dead. I have known that for years. Yet, society can put so much focus on Easter baskets, cute outfits, chocolate candy and the Easter Bunny. I found myself drifting from the true meaning especially now that I have a baby. The drama emphasized that Easter is SO different from any other day of the year and can't even be compared to any other holiday. Sure, we participated in the egg hunt, egg dying and Easter Bunny, but our hearts and minds were filled with the joy of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Alleluia!


Ryan preached at the sunrise service where it was snowing...yes, I said snowing! Andrew and I were there with the other crazy people at the cemetery. I can't believe that he is a pastor (I know it has almost been a year, it just seems like yesterday). We are so proud of His talents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, He has risen!! Our favorite holiday too!!!

Andrew you are toooo cute for words!! See you all very soon!

Love, Babka and Grampa