Sunday, September 28, 2008

Andrew turned 14 months

It make me sad to say 14 months considering I just got used to saying 12 months. Yet we rejoice in every month and every milestone. Andrew is a joy. We love this age and have found much laughter during this last month. His facial expressions and actions just makes us laugh out loud. He gives us about 20 kisses a day (he opens his mouth and humms when he wants to kiss you and normally he goes from person to person and we have to call it quits)...oh, I am saving up because I know someday he won't want to kiss me (Well, at least that is what others tell me....I think he is going to love his mommy forever). Yeah, he is a Mommy's boy, even though he loves his Daddy very much too.

Words: Mama, Dada, Dooog, Duck

Signs: Hungry, Milk, More

Teeth: 4 Bottom, 4 Top and for the last month getting his 2 first year molars. He teethes on a toothbrush (and a pen...don't tell). He just doesn't like the "made to teeth on" teething things.

Sleep: Because of his teeth/pain he awoke at 3 am all month (and then it became a pattern that we are soon to stop. When I get him he just wants to be held and he points "out of his bedroom." He likes to go to the kitchen for a snack and water. (we have broke this habit already, 2 weeks into the next month). He also love to be bounced...especially in the middle of the night. Bed around 9 (used to be 8:30), up at 6 am.

Naps: Skips morning nap 30% of the time, but then takes an earlier (11:30am) long (2-3 hour afternoon nap). If he is in the car in the am, he will take a cat nap but then his afternoon doesn't start until 3 pm and by that time I am exhausted. 2 hour afternoon nap.

Potty Training: Well, not exactly...He is so obvious and timely when he poops that I put him on his potty when I see signs. 50% of the time he will sit there and "push" (grunt because that is how I taught him...it is hilarious because if I ask him to push a button for example he will grunt too). Anyways, I am proud to announce he has pooped 2 or 3 times in the potty.

Really worked on: Not throwing sippy cup. If he does he gets taken out of highchair for a "time-out" (about 15 seconds so far). Then he has to pick up his sippy cup and put it back onto the table (any surface we call a table). He knows. When he is playing about 75% of the time he will place his cup on the table where he is playing...lots of praise we give him and he claps to....AND THEN that little stinker will test us and go over and knock it off the table to see how we will respond. He is sure testing us.

Mommy's little helper: What ever I am doing he wants to do (I think his wife will thank me someday). He wipes off his highchair tray, pushes the blender "on", turns on and off light switches (10x in a row), vacuums (assists), sweeps the kitchen floor, mixes food in a bowl (when ever I am cooking he is at my feet whining until I let him help), can transfer clothes into the wash machine/dryer/laundry basket, put his shoes by the front door, puts silver wear onto the table (still working on a little on the last 2). He is darling and it is so nice to have a little helper, yet difficult at times when I just want to get "things done." And then I remember they are only "thing" and I welcome the little fingers.

Daddy's home: Andrew runs up to Daddy when he comes in the door. He has the biggest smile (both of them). He pats Daddy and snuggles in on his shoulder. Daddy melts every time.

Most difficult moments: He loves our cell phone and we don't let him play with it. And considering we are on it often and as much as we try to hide it and put it up high he gets it. He cries and cries when we take it away. For some reason our cell phone is much cooler than his play one.

Outbursts: He has a outburst that lasts 2 seconds when he is mad or wants something. If anyone has any advice, let me know.

Morning routine: Wakes up screaming, Milk in sippy cup as he gets in bed with us because it is too early, breakfast (normally oatmeal with flaxseed), change diaper (wow he still hates it), clean breakfast, read stories, "learning time" (counting, building blocks together...what ever it is he has my full attention during this time), chore (he helps me in what ever I have to do), play time.

Favorite toys: Play car, Play house that sings, Sit and spin (pushes the music and then dances...Babka taught him how to "march," well now when he dances he lifts one leg up and down, has his arms moving and even goes is circles). This is just the most adorable thing. We dance together too, with him in my arms...i cherish that moment and think of his wedding day and await the mother-son dance...tears come to my eyes.

No comments: