Friday, June 05, 2009

Babka Came to Visit in St. Louis




My mom came on the train to stay with Andrew and I while Ryan was gone and let me tell you, I couldn't of made it through the week without her. She was not only helpful (cleaned my bathroom, pulled weeds, planted herbs, scrubed dirt out of my carpet, and played with Andrew outside so I could do "my stuff," sitting in the car with Andrew while I did erands) she was also fun and funny.

Andrew and Baba became buds throughout the week...Baba would read him books, take walks, giggle together (Andrew's giggle was constant while she was visiting...everything was funny to him...My foot is "duck" meaning "stuck" and he would go on and on about it and giggle). Baba also taught him how to gallop and now Andrew can play follow the leader (hop, run, gallop, stand on one foot) and he can lead too if you give him a little time to think about it.

While Babka was here, we lived normal life, which was so nice to do together Mother/dauther. She came to my bible study on contenetment on Tuesday night and our fiancial bible study on Wednesday night. Mom came to my OB appointment and met Dr. Jewel. Mom was there for my fist meeing with my Doula (Kate Kennedy) so we were able to ask many questions. Mom helped me with laundry and cleaning things that I miss (missed for a long time I guess) and "enjoy" cleaning someone elses house but her own. We did make time for relaxing lunch and dinners on the deck, out to eat, swimming, dancing with Andrew, back rubs, and a good slovak dinner.

No comments: