Wednesday, October 28, 2009

27 months and what a 2 year old.

Very independent..."let me do, mommy." And gets mad if you do it for him.

Memory is increasing...He can tell me what he did while he played at the YMCA or what he had for lunch at a friends house. Remembers that I told him he can have a cupcake when he gets up from his nap. Sometimes off, but not always.

Famous sentences this month...
Why? Why? Why?
Go this way.
The men aren't working.
Not working.
Needs batteries.
Need screwdriver?
Look at me baby, I am your big brother.
Kiss me baby.
I why him.
No, let me do.
I need you.
Hold me.


I have cherished the quiet moments with Andrew. Cuddling in bed every morning. Him rubbing my face while he drinks milk. Hiding on Daddy when he gets home from work. Playing memory games. Andrew getting a diaper for Baby. Holding me hand. Wanting to be held. Quiet time when we both sit on blankets and read our bible for 5 minutes and then talk about what we learned.

Because of all his energy we just started a time called "ENERGY." Baby is not in the room at this time. It is time with Mom or Dad and Andrew alone. We can wrestle, have pillow fights, turn Andrew upside down, be silly and loud. This way he can let out some of his energy, in a safe environment while having fun with us. (Oh, Oct has been a wet rainy month...possibly going to break a record so it has been hard to play outside...which he loves to do and is a great release for him). Energy time is fun for all of us.

Andrew is so sweet at times, but lately he has been throwing these tantrums that last 15 to 20 minutes and it is over such dumb things. I have to realize that being 2 is hard, plus now he has a little brother who needs attention too. It has been a harder adjustment in the last week than in the beginning. As someone said, the newness of Kyle may be wearing out. Yet, I think Baby Kyle is the problem. "Where is baby." "I need to check on baby." Always wanting to hold baby. Rolling trucks over babies forehead because he wants baby to play with him. Jumping over baby. "Kiss me baby." etc. He just loves his brother so much that it is difficult for me to keep Andrew away from Kyle.

This is such a fun age though because he is picking up on so much and is a sponge when it comes to learning. I love the fact that I have someone to talk to during the day too. We love our little Andrew and am thankful for him everyday.

No comments: