Friday, April 18, 2008

I felt the EARTHQUAKE!

Here is how the story goes...

3:37am: The house is shaking and swaying and awakes me from my sleep.

Kristy (I say): "Honey!.........(pause)" I open my eyes and yep the house is swaying back and forth "Honey........" "Ryan!"

Ryan: "What?"
Kristy: "The house is shaking."
Ryan: (no response)
Kristy: "I am serious....I think it is an earthquake." (House is still shaking)
Ryan: "Huh. What do you want me to do about it?"(He is half awake) (House stops shaking).
Kristy: "Protect me!"

I think Ryan fell asleep then...He really protected me hey!

I laid there thinking...Am I crazy? Did I just imagine that the house was moving or am I going crazy.

Then Ryan awakes again and looks at the clock.
Ryan: "It's 4:40 am. Hey, we have the window open, maybe it was just the wind."
Kristy: "I don't think so."
----------------
6:00am
Ryan came into the room and said "You are right there was an earthquake."
Kristy: "I told you so."
Ryan: "I know, I felt it. Andrew survived his first earthquake."

Yeah right he felt the earthquake, he was sleeping. I guess I am not surprised... Ryan is pretty helpless in the middle of the night. But, I have to give him a little credit: the other night when Andrew was crying I was holding off on nursing him and he kept on crying, and Ryan got up to help. I guess I am used to the middle of the night "stuff" becuase of being on-call for work and in the past working night shift.

I guess the quake was pretty long...90 seconds and messured as a 5.2. If you haven't heard about it it happened on the border of IL and IN. I am shocked me felt it here in St. Louis. Later this morning we had a little after shock too (I didn't feel though).

Needless to say we survived the earthquake!! Did anyone else feel it?

No comments: