Saturday, January 03, 2009

Our Little Family Celebration





What a merry night we had! On December 23rd we celebrated the birth of Jesus with "Our Little Family" (Ryan, Andrew and I). We opened gifts while having appatizers, then had a porkloin and sourcrout soup dinner (a Slovak tradition), opened more gifts, had a fire in the fire place and just played with all the new toys. I now realize with kids Christmas has a extra joy to it and that I don't need to plan out the whole night, because what we enjoyed most is playing together as a family.




While making sourcrout soup and baking a poppyseed stullen (with raised yeast etc) while wearing the apon that my Grandma Gebhardt made I teared up because I missed my grandparents. My Grandma Gebhardt died when I was in 4th grade while my other 3 died when I was in college. I was't there when any of them passed. And it still bothers me to this day considering I am at other peoples bedside when they die (considering I am a hospice nurse) and that I wasn't at theirs. Although, I do know that I was a big part of their lives and vise versa and for that I am thankful.

No comments: