Friday, January 09, 2009

Surprise Birthday Party!








And a surprise it was! Ryan really got me, once again. My parents, Andrew and I all traveled 8 hours in a car from WI that day, so when I got home and he said that he wanted to go hang out with co-workers because it was a hard week, I absolutely refused. I was tired, Andrew hadn't been feeling well (diagnosed with a double ear infection the next day)and I just wanted to spend time with Ryan because we hadn't seen each other in a week. I got really mad when he kept bringing it up, and then I gave in. I was still in sweats at 6pm, I threw something on quick (didn't even shower because we had an agreement that we would only stay for a hour) and off we went.

What a surprise! 65 people greeted me at the door with a big shout! I looked awful, I had a cold sore, and all eyes were on me. Yikes! After I got over that, I had such a good time. It was great to have young and old friends there and for my parents to be able to meet all of them.

Ryan did an excellent job planning. He was so cute...he totally over bought because he was scared he wouldn't have enough food. He had wine, beer, soda, water, sandwiches, appetizers, dessert, decorations, etc. I could tell that he put a lot of time and effort into making it great for me. I love you honey! You really did get me! Thanks for making my birthday so special!

No comments: