Sunday, February 01, 2009

Yes, I fractured my foot!

But the story isn't any fun. I wasn't doing anything fun like skiing, or playing baseketball....I simply fell. Well, there is a little more to the story than that...After the Family Live Service Andrew was so hyper and we were exhausted! So we all layed on the couch around 10 pm. I had my feet on Ryan's lap because he was giving me a foot massage. We all finally fell asleep and around 11pm or so I knew it was late. In the back of my head I knew I should go put Andrew to sleep in his bed (he was sleeping on my chest)....now, I think I was half sleeping when his all happened so don't laugh... I got up and took 3 steps, not realizing my feet has fallen asleep and down I went...with sleeping Andrew in my arms...yikes....good news he kept sleeping even through my screaming.

Gosh, I have never broke anything....even through my many years of sports and gosh it hurt. The next day to urgent care which they hardly did anything for me and then to the orthopedic where they said there was a hairline fracture and gave me this walking boot to wear which helped incredibly. I didn't have crutches for the first day so I hopped and crawled around the house, the next few days on crutches and now in the waliking boot...pretty challenging when you have a 18 month old. Needless to say everyone has been so kind. Thank you all for the meals and babysitting Andrew! This helped more than you realize! And that is my story....the end!

Happened Jan 31st...we had a bad January....I think February will be better! :)

No comments: