Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3 more months and our Buddy turns TWO!


No, he is not two yet...he is still only one and yes, we still call him Baby Andrew.

21 months...a littl man!

Favorite words of the month: "Bubble," "more," mine, "me," "Rock" (a stone and also he loves to rock in the rocking chair).

Started throwing tantrums...arching back, hitting head, laying on the ground crying...terrible two's early?

Morning routine...cries or says mama between 6 am and 7am. Ryan goes to get him from his crib. Change of diaper because he most likely peed through the last on. The he drinks his milk (or water) while rubbing my face and 50% of the time will fall back to sleep with me and cuddle. When he awakes again, he will share a pillow with me (face to face) and then go cheek to cheek with me. If I am tired and he gets frustrated, he can hit me, or jump on me to show that he is frustrated that I won't wake up. But once awake, he is alert and ready to go...saying loudly..."daaaddy! Daaaddy! Daaaddy? While he shrugs his shoulder because he forgot that Daddy went to work. Then we read 2 or 3 books in bed (mostly because I don't want to get up). Then up, breakfast, etc.

Night time routine..."Rock." He loves to rock in the rocking chair on one of our laps while drinking from his sippy cup. We then brush his teeth (he even has a little stool he stands on) and then us 3 say our prayers "Now I lay me..." Kisses for both of us. We read him a book or two, leave the light on and say "I will check on you in a couple minute." Bed time around 9:00 or 9:15.

Bath time : It occurs at other times than before bed, considering we never made it as part of our routine and Andrew's baths don't relax him, they wrile him up. Because in his bathroom there is a walk in shower and not a bathtub, we put him in the shower with a small bath tub inside and run the shower softly. He loves it and plays for 20-30 minutes with all his bath toys.

Getting in the car: He squirms everytime we try to get him in his car seat. Now I say..."Andrew do you want to drive?" and he says "Yeah." and then I say, "when you are older." and he calms down.

No comments: