Saturday, December 20, 2008

10 more days until I turn 30!

So, 30 is really hitting me hard. Maybe it is because I have to highlight my hair because I am getting strains of grey or because the next big birthday is 40...yikes....over the hill. I am definately happy with life and I don't "feel" thirty, it's just when I was in highshchool and thought of a 30 year old, I thought old. Life happens I guess and God has blessed me with 30 wonderful years and for that I am thankful!

My parents are so cute...they made me a count down with lottery tickets. All growing up my Dad gave me a lottery ticket for every birthday. Just one most of the years, and sometimes if it was a big birthday I would get "13" or "16." I guess I am gettting too old to get "30" tickets...10 is just great. I didn't win on day 10, but hopefully one of the other days I will be a winner. Thanks Mom and Dad for being so thoughtful!

9 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

Ah, it's time to join the club! And just think, you'll have an opportunity for payback should Ryan go over the top with the turning 30 festivities! :)

Much love!
-E

Anonymous said...

Hey - been 30 for about a month now. My body has been going to hell in a handbasket ever since!!! Threw out my back last week, have been suffering from a 3 week long cold, my joints ache, I need a stronger prescription for my glasses, and I am looking forward to eating at "Old" Country Buffet with the rest of the senior citizens. SO....... enjoy the last of your 20s. Being 30 is poopy. Thanks for the phone call - we've been busy so I'll call you back soon!!!!
love,
Katherine

Angie said...

I loved 30 and was sad to see it go. It was so liberating to finally be out of my 20's. And the old saying that age is just a number and you're only as old as you feel? They're both true. Most days I feel the same as I did at 24ish, or better! Yeah, to kids in high school we're practically using canes, but we have the energy they have, but with the wisdom that age brings. :) Have a great bday!

Anonymous said...

Thirty... Thats all... Wow you are young.. I hope everything is going well with you guys. We miss being with everyone there, but meeting great people here too. Happy Birthday.. And wow is that "little Man" such a cutie. Don't let him grow up to fast while we are gone. Jacob needs a playmate. :) Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a day late! Hope you had a good one! I am not looking forward to the big 3-0. Got your picture in the mail! You have such a beautiful family! Are you going to Jeanine's wedding? Looks like fun! Happy New Year!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 30th Birthday! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and now I'm okay with it. I'm still one of the youngin's at Unity, so all is well! Hope you have a blessed New Year!

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!

Anonymous said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!
Rope,Twine