Monday, September 28, 2009

Andrew is 26 months old.

Little Tid Bits about Andrew...
*Adjusting to being a big brother...starting to share with Kyle (ex: putting a toy car by Kyle's hand while he is playing with cars)...melts my heart. Also becoming very excited whenever he sees baby. Even in the morning Andrew has to say HI to baby and give baby Ki-tel a kiss. I have a feeling they are going to be good buds when they get older.

*Sings to songs (starting to hold a little melody, otherwise he just fills in the word).

*Had a dry diaper for 3 naps, and 1 night. He has always done great at going potty in the potty chair (he likes the marmo...aka marshmallow, at the end). With the new little guy and me being sore, I don't know if I took advantage of it because now he is wet again. Hope I didn't miss my window of opportunity.

*Throws 2 year old fits like a champ...but being 2 plus having a new baby in the house must be difficult to deal with. We still love him dearly!

*Has the most adorable laugh...a giggle that is like no other. When we do something that he really likes (like Mommy Monster, or "wressy" with Daddy), he says More, more in his cute voice.

*There is no doubt about it...Andrew is fun to be around, the problem is that he never wants to stop playing. But I guess playing and learning is his job right now, so how can you blame him.

*Andrew isn't a dummy. Yesterday he asked for money to go into the toy car at the mall. In the past he was content in just sitting in the car. I put a stop to that right away...I am hoping to teach my children that they will not ask for money, and that I will give them money if I want to. Wish me luck on that.

It's fun to watch his brain work and problem solve. I am a proud mom when he does simple brainstorming tasks.

*His dog Mac has not been his main highlight since baby Kyle has been born. Andrew is not obsessed with a screwdriver (Mom and Dad gave him a play fix it set when Kyle was born, but now he likes Daddy's) and wanting to fix everything. His famous words are "not working. Need screwdriver or battries." (can't really say the words so it sounds soo cute).

He also loves TRUCKS but gets mad when the men do not fit into the play trucks. His "mo-mo" (lawn mower) is still is favorite...loves to do with Daddy and now he pretends to go to work in his play car and so Mommy gets lots of kisses when he says good bye.

1 comment:

SarahHub said...

So cute! Andrew is really getting big!

When he was at my house last week, he was obsessed with a screwdriver in Evie's tool box. Loved it!