Sunday, September 06, 2009

Going Home Day-Sunday Sept. 6th

Due to our lack of sleep on Thursday night, Kyle went to the hospital nursery at night and they brought him to the room to breastfeed...what service...I guess that is why we pay them the big bucks. I felt a little guilty keeping him in the nursery, but I knew sleep was needed for us to be the best parents we could be when we got home.

Side note: Klye is lying on my lap on the boppy as I type this. He is so cute!!! Don't tell Andrew, but he might be cuter than him...but then again things were so foggy when Andrew was born because I was so focused on myself d/t the c-section.

BLUE RIBBON...
According to the lactation consultant, Kyle won the blue ribbon for being the "best gulper" on the floor and I won the "biggest producer." This is a good problem to have considering my over production caused 3 bouts of mastitis last time. It may sound ridiculous to those who have never breastfed, but breastfeeding is so rewarding and I love it. There is no better way to bond with your child (I know some will disagree, it's just my opinion). God has created our bodies so uniquly and I guess I feel privledged to provide this nuriousment to him.


Events...

Ryan, Kyle and I enjoyed a quiet morning..."breakfast in bed," holding Kyle and just being a family. We were anxious to see Andrew to make us complete. All family that was in town then came. It was a little crazy and loud, but it didn't seem to bother Kyle one bit. OB and PEDS MD visited. Andrew went swimming with the Zeman cousins and only took a 45 min. nap so was a little crabby at time of discharge. He shaped up and off we went in our 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. We were a family!!! I can't believe I have the second row of the mini-van full!! It was raining when we left MO Baptist Hospital, and the sun was peaking out when we got home.

It was so good to be home. A little overwhelming because we had left in such a hurry, but the house was actually pretty clean. Had lots to unpack and then we watched (with Babka and Grandpa too) the video of Kyle's birth. Again, it was AWESOME!! Ryan and I had the privledge of seeing it in a mirror when it happened (which many of us think is disgusting...but truly it was so beautiful and exciting...but I guess that is the nurse in me too who really likes that kind of stuff). Kyle slept so well in the bassinet next to us in our room...I had to wake him to feed him...after 5 hours. Ryan and I just stared at him in his little bed, thanking God for him.

BILLIRUBIN LEVEL HIGH...
Dr. Bayer (pediatric MD) wanted it to be below 12 and it was 12.7 so we were taught and sent home with a "billy blanket." Nothing to be scared about, just need to keep it on him 24/7 unless breasfeeding. It is a little bit of a pain because he has to be "plugged into the wall," but not a huge deal. He looks like a cute glow worm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bella was on the billi-blanket for a few days. No fun but all is well now. We pray Kyle can get off quickly!

The Cimas

SarahHub said...

So, so, so happy and excited for you guys!

Emily Hawley said...

Congratulations Ryan, Kristy and Andrew! I'm so happy for you! I was thinking about you today as my cousin and his wife welcomed their little girl into this world... God bless all of you!

Emily