Saturday, September 19, 2009

My first bad day...

I know that there will be more to come, but I had my first bad one. Maybe my patience was a little low considering I had the 2 worst nights of sleep on night 14 and 15 that I have had since Kyle was born (My Ped MD told me to stop swaddling and the 2 nights that I did, Kyle was up every 1 1/2 hours...guess what...I went back to swaddling...he likes his arms out, so armpit down and then I put this beanbag frog on him...The hospital staff in the special care unit used it for Andrew so it can't be bad...he is back to sleeping 4 1/2 hours and then 4 hours at night...what a champ!).

My bad day (morning actually) was Sunday when Daddy was at church preaching. It was raining so I had no where for Andrew to let out his energy and boy does he have a lot of energy. He was pushing his limits at home and not being gentle with Kyle, so we needed to go somewhere. It took me over an hour to get us all dressed and out the door and we went to the grocery store where Andrew ran up and down the aisles. I didn't even care...he just needed to be a boy and run and ran he did. He wasn't being a good listener, but I didn't have enough energy to discipline him every time...so needless to say he was winning the battle.

Then to K-Mart...Andrew was throwing the ad out of the cart, I would pick it up, put it back in and he would throw it out again...he started whinning and then Kyle started crying because he was hungry even though I had just fed him less than an hour ago. It was one of those moments that from a strangers point of view they would think...gosh, that mom doesn't have it under control. Well God knew I needed help and into the store walked my good friend Sarah Hubmeier and family. "Kristy?" she said..."oh Sarah...I need help." She grinned and graciously took Andrew in her cart as I went to feed Kyle. She was a life savor!

At home Andrew was pouncing on Kyle, I grabed Andrew for Kyle's sake and gave him a little slap on his bottom...Andrew threw his head back and flung himself on the floor, which ended up being my foot...so now we are both hurt. I sat on the floor with him holding him, rocking him, Andrew crying and me with tears in my eyes. I prayed for patience and wisdom at that moment to be the Mom that Andrew and Kyle need me to be.

When Ryan came home, I looked at him and cried. I got a hug and told him I was going to go take a shower and that he was in charge of the kids. I just needed some away time for a couple moments. I look back at the situation 2 days later and laugh, but knowing that there are more tough days ahead...but also knowing that the good days totally out weigh the bad and that being a stay at home mom is so awesome and that I wouldn't change it one bit.

1 comment:

Babka said...

It's funny when you look back on days like this:)