Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day Events

Labor Day for all of you happened 3 days after our "labor day..." Ha, Ha!

It was our first full day at home. Babka and Grandpa helped us around the house (a lot) and helped us get the house in order. Ant Amy and Marissa were here too so they were able to play with Andrew and help organize clothes. All family left around noon, we had visitors and then enjoyed the evening as a family. It is so good just to be a family...me and my 3 boys! I don't know if Ryan produces girls or not, but I am so content at the moment.

LABOR DAY BASEBALL GAME:
Kyle and I sat in a chair on the drive way watching Andrew and Daddy play a creative game of baseball. I said "This is awesome (with a smile)....I think this is what our labor days will look like in the future (playing baseball with the family)."

And the next second Ryan decides to show his man hood and swings at the ball and the ball hits me in the eye, HARD! Only inches away from Kyle's head...oh was Daddy lucky.

ANDREW HAS MADE SOME STRIDES AS A BIG BROTHER...

We were singing the song "I see the moon..." and at the end the words are "shine on the one I love." Andrew always says..shine on the one I "ANDREW." This time he said...shine on the one I "BABY." It melted our hearts. He loves his little baby brother.
Every time Kyle cried (which was not a lot...he slept a lot of the day away and then had his eyes opened in the middle of the night) Andrew would say "baby crying. Needs Pacie" (pacifier)...He would stop what ever he was doing and run and put a pacifier in his mouth. He then would put one in his own mouth...Andrew never uses a pacifier, but I guess it is the cool thing to do now.

Andrew wants Kyle to be included in everything. Here he is sharing his hammer with Kyle. What a great big brother.

Mommy...

Wow, the recovery from a c-section vs the recovery from a vaginal birth is incredible. Sure I am tired, my feet swelled today (which didn't happen during pregnancy), I am engorged (milk came in early) and my bottom is sore, but I can stand, sit, walk, etc and that is amazing. I still am in awe of the birth of Kyle...it was so beautiful and I am so thankful!


Daddy...

He has been amazing. He has really filled in for me and has that new spark in his face when it comes to being a daddy. He said..."I think I am going to work even faster at work now, just so I can be home with my boys and you." Those things make my heart smile. :)

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

That last part made me cry! I can't wait to see you all - especially little Kyle!

Radtkes said...

You may see Andrew regress a little to being a baby again but it will be cute...like using the pacifier etc. That is nice that he is sharing with his little brother. I bet it is hard thought constantly keeping an eye on both boys. that is nice that Ryan wants to be home more and spend time as a family. That is sweet and i am glad he is taking care of you.