Thursday, September 10, 2009

On the 7th day of life...Thursday September 10th

The MD doesn't want me to go more than 4 hours without breastfeeding Kyle. I have had to set an alarm because either Kyle nor I are ready...we just want to sleep. So,I woke Kyle, fed him, starred at him in amazement, thanked God for him and gave him many kisses. I love how he squeaks so innocently and how soft his head/hair is against my face. He isn't perfect, but he is sure close :). After all that attention, Kyle didn't want to go back to sleep. His eyes were open just looking at me. I talked to him for a while, but was feeling pretty tired so put him back into the bassinet...I felt a little guilty going to sleep while he was awake, but figured at this point my sleep was important and that he wouldn't remember. I hope that doesn't make me a bad mom.


We are making it with 2! Sometimes it is a handfull, but not that bad. Being tired is the worse of it. Kyle doesn't cry a lot. Even when He is hungry...he just wimpers a bit. We are quite lucky so far. Plus, this first week Kyle is sleeping a lot. Maybe up 3 hours a day.




We went for breakfast at the St. Louis Bread Co. (aka: Panera). It was 8:30am before everyone was up, fed, and dressed (not showered, but hey, that was later in the day)...not too bad I don't think. We saw a couple people we knew there so it was fun to "show him off."

Then Daddy took Andrew to the YMCA--Daddy ran and lifted, while Andrew played outside (the Y does activities with the kids from 10-11, so it is good interaction for Andrew and the other kids too). Mommy spent time with Kyle worked on putting pictures on the blog and talked on the phone with her friends Kristy Nave and Jeanine.

Leftovers for lunch. Andrew napped in our bed, and we both napped on the couch--yeah, we fit again. Kyle is sleeping a lot. Having to wake him to eat (they want me to feed every 2 hours during the day, but I think because I am an over producer he gets so much that it is 3 to 4 hours by the time he is hungry. His cute little burps are cute.

The weather has been beautiful so spent some time outside...Kyle went into a travel playset with netting over it to keep out the bugs. Us 3 put together the sit and stand stroller that A.Amy and Erica are giving for his baptism. We love it and Andrew really like the idea of it too.

Kyle's first bath at home was today after dinner. Andrew went into Mom and dad's bath, wile Kyle went on top of the infant bath thing. He didn't like it very much. We tried to make the room warm and such and I think he just wasn't in the mood to get all wet. He will learn to like them. When we told Andrew that someday Kyle will be able to take a bath with him someday...he cheered.

Andrew held Kyle on his lap about 3 times today. He says "baby brother" and "baby Kytel. He is learning how to be more gentle and accepting the fact that baby comes everywhere. Andrew and I spent more special moments together today--intentionally. Mommy monster got him, read books, etc. I think this helped.


Someone made dinner for us from church--Ryan prepared it all and served me...I could get use to this.

Our friends Miriam and Nathan came over to meet Kyle and hang out. Ryan and I accidentally called Kyle, Nathan (our 2nd favorite name) by accident. We all laughed.

2 comments:

the unseths said...

Congrats Ryan and Kristy! Welcome to the crazy life of two kiddos! Such fun! Glad to see everything is going well!

radtkes said...

Thanks for all of the updates. Nice to hear what you have been up too. I am curious to see what happens over here when we have our second baby. One on one time with Andrew is my best advice for those tantrums...and also making him leave the room and calm down before continuing to the next activity. Have fun and good Luck. I am sure you are doing great